Just because you are an adult now doesn’t mean that you can never enjoy a ice pops!!
I bet you remember the lazy days of summer, especially the Indian summers! The long days playing by the lake, the lounging around in hammocks all day and running to get ice pops from the local Mom-and-Pop store around the corner!
Summer time in Florida started a month ago. The heat index was already at 90 degrees even before May had a chance to start. If you visited any one of my local grocery stores, you would notice that they cannot keep their ice-cream section stocked. All their Ice-creams and ice pops sell out faster than the lottery tickets during the dog days of summer.
Memorial Day is the unofficial start to summer and this Bloody Mary ice pop recipe is perfect for all adults.
I want to emphasize the Adult part in this Bloody Mary Ice Pops Recipe. It has Vodka!
Keep the little ones away from these ice pops!!
My first taste of a Bloody Mary drink was actually the non-alcoholic version. It was completely disgusting and I was put off the drink forever! To this day, I am sure I can taste it every time I see someone drinking a Bloody Mary.
This recipe will work great without the alcohol too. Just double the amount of V8 Tomato Juice in this recipe.
If you are a regular reader to my blog, you know how much I LOVE Campari tomatoes. I use them in everything I can think of. This Bloody Mary Ice Pops recipe was a perfect for Campari tomato.
For this recipe, I don’t just use canned tomato sauces and juices. The fresh Campari tomatoes in this recipe add a slight sweetness and tanginess to the Bloody Mary Ice Pops.
So, what is your favorite summer memory?
Recipe Details – (Makes 6 Bloody Mary Ice Pops)
Time to prepare: 15 minutes to make, Overnight to freeze
– 5 Campari Tomatoes
– ½ cup of tomato sauce
– ½ cup of V8 Tomato Juice
– ½ cup of your favorite vodka
– ½ a stalk of celery for the recipe
– 3 stalks of celery to use as the Bloody Mary Ice Pops stick
– 1 tsp of salt
– Wash the celery and Campari tomatoes.
– In a blender, add the Campari tomatoes and ½ stalk of celery
– In a food processor, blend the tomatoes and celery until it is completely pureed
– Using a sieve, separate the liquid from the pulp. Don’t discard the pulp. You can use it for various recipes in place of vegetable stock.
– Take the tomato liquid and add the remaining ingredients, except the 3 celery stalks
– Fill Ice Pops molds with the Bloody Mary Liquied that you just made. Fill it ¾ of the way and then insert the celery stick
– Wrap the end of the Celery stick that is protruding out of the ice pop with foil. This will prevent the celery stalk from being frozen.
– Place the Bloody Mary ice pops in the freezer and allow freezing overnight
Serve them immediately.